How to Survive the Impacts of Google Penguin Updates
Google Penguin updates have completely changed the way website owners used to apply various SEO techniques. Website owners need to change their strategies in accordance with the new Google guidelines if they want to stay competitive and rank higher among their competitors. Following are some important guidelines and tips on how to survive the impacts of Google Penguin updates.
No Black Hat SEO Techniques
Google was never this smart, but after the recent Penguin updates there’s no room for error. You must avoid using black hat SEO techniques at all cost. Optimise your website patiently by using only white hat SEO techniques. If you are found using any of black hat SEO techniques for your website or blog, you are going to get penalised. Some of the most common black hat SEO techniques that must be avoided are cloaking, doorway pages, hidden texts, hidden links, etc.
No Keyword Stuffing
If you want to avoid getting punished by Google Penguin, you need to give up using your old techniques of keyword stuffing. Create your content with your human readers in mind and add keywords by maintaining its human readability. If you over stuff them, Google is going to find out eventually, and you will be penalised.
High Quality Content
Google aims to provide its users with the most valuable and unique information on the web. If you want to rank higher and survive the negative of Penguin, you need to provide your users with high quality content. Along with the high-quality, your content must also be unique and original. Duplication or plagiarism is considered a serious sin. If you want to stay away from their wrath, you must keep your webpages completely unique and original. Make sure that your content provides unique and useful information on the given subject.
Backlinks should be reviewed in terms of their quality and not quantity. A web of low-quality backlinks will do more harm than good. On the other hand, even if you have a comparatively low number of backlinks, if they are of high-quality, you will be blessed by Google Penguin. Most of website owners acquire low-quality backlinks, and if you do the same, you will no longer be distinguishable from them.
Always try to keep your website’s bounce rate as low as possible. It seems quite difficult to determine a “considerably good” bounce rate for a website, but 70% is assumed as an encouraging one. A bounce rate is the rate at which your website’s visitor leave your website without reading any other post. If you manage to keep your website’s bounce rate under that ideal threshold, you may survive from the penalties of Google Penguin. These updates keep an eye over your website’s bounce rate, and if it proves to be too much, then you get penalised because of the assumption that your website does not contain useful information that can hook and engage a reader.
Encourage Return Visits
It is rewarding if you can encourage your readers to return to your website. This indicates that your website is full of useful information and content, and your readers decide to come back to it whenever they find themselves in need of any related information or knowledge. Encouraging return visits from your visitors can play a key role in surviving the impacts of Google Penguin Updates.
Keep an Eye on your Outbound Links
To avoid any penalty from Google Penguin, you need to keep an eye on your outbound links. It is important to check that you don’t have any crappy or irrelevant outbound links. Penguin keeps an eye on your online internet company, and if they find any attachments with spam, you may get your share of punishment and penalty.
Following are the top 10 miscellaneous SEO techniques that are believed to be approved by Google Penguin:
- Do not submit spun or naively rewritten content to the article directories for generating backlinks.
- Do not submit bad content. Bulk submissions may seem unnatural to Google Penguin and may hurt your website’s ranking.
- Try to make necessary changes before submitting a set of content to article directories as it will help you create high-quality backlinks.
- It is important to mix high-authority and low-authority page links in your off-page SEO strategy to make it look natural. Google Penguin likes to see it that way.
- Analyse your competitor’s back-linking policies and strategies by using different SEO and keyword tools available. Try to mimic their phrases that seemed to work for them.
- Guest blogging is still one of the most effective ways to create high-quality backlinks.
- Choose your links wisely, as your affiliates and Internet services companies are watched over by Google Penguin.
- Avoid link farming or any other black hat SEO technique to be incorporated in your off-page SEO plan.
- Choose the anchor text wisely. They must be appropriate and relevant to the links.
- Mix your strategies to get the best result out of your off-page SEO efforts.